This is a kubernetes device plugin that can discover and expose GPUs and vGPUs on a kubernetes node. This device plugin will enable to launch GPU attached Kubevirt VMs in your kubernetes cluster. Its specifically developed to serve Kubevirt workloads in a Kubernetes cluster.
- Discovers Nvidia GPUs which are bound to VFIO-PCI driver and exposes them as devices available to be attached to VM in pass through mode.
- Discovers Nvidia vGPUs configured on a kubernetes node and exposes them to be attached to Kubevirt VMs
- Performs basic health check on the GPU on a kubernetes node.
- Need to have Nvidia GPU configured for GPU pass through or vGPU. Details about this can be found here
- Kubernetes version should be greater than equal to v1.11
- Improve the healthcheck mechanism for GPUs with VFIO-PCI drivers